Monday, December 6, 2010

Venom by Jennifer Estep


A GIRL NEVER FORGET HER FIRST JOB: KILLER-FOR-HIRE
"It’s hard to be a badass assas­sin when a giant is beat­ing the crap out of you. Luck­ily, I never let pride get in the way of my work. My cur­rent mis­sion is per­sonal: anni­hi­late Mab Mon­roe, the Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily. Which means pro­tect­ing my iden­tity, even if I have to con­ceal my pow­er­ful Stone and Ice magic when I need it most. To the pub­lic, I’m Gin Blanco, owner of Ashland’s best bar­be­cue joint. To my friends, I’m the Spi­der, retired assas­sin. I still do favors on the side. Like rid­ding a vam­pire friend of her over­sized stalker—Mab’s right-hand goon who almost got me dead with his mas­sive fists. At least irre­sistible Owen Grayson is on my side. The man knows too much about me, but I’ll take my chances. Then there’s Detec­tive Bria Coolidge, one of Ashland’s finest. Until recently, I thought my baby sis­ter was dead. She prob­a­bly thinks the same about me. Lit­tle does she know, I’m a cold-blooded killer … who is about to save her life"
Jennifer Estep just out number herself with this one ( this book ), her book are some of a dark, mystery and full of blood kind of book, but this one in my opinion it really is one of the most powerful out all so far, this one really let the reader see how our heroin really is and a little more into how she want to be.
now that her long lost baby sister ( gin sister bria how she tough was dead), come back to the picture is just another step for Gin ( or heroin) to find out everything about who really kill her family all those year and all finger point in one direction Mab Monroe.but that is not only a suicide mission for Gin is also the only way to find the true and the why, of why she kill her family and save this new one.
as all Jennifer Estep for this series, she try to keep everything as real as possible when it come to who is Gin ( our Heroin) and those around her, and with the Detective gone is not wonder why she try to be more trueful with those around her, so if they want to go they can do it and she would be okay with.
i think that i love this book so much, is not because it have a strong heroin but because it make me think that maybe, just maybe no everyone that is a assassin is so because is a sick bastard that find pleasure in that, but because it was ether that or nothing.
so i love the background story of Gin and most of the character and i know that I'm going to love the next to book that are to come and i can wait to see, if this author can come out with something to top this series. don't forget that this series has a lot of blood and violence and sex in the mist.
have fun and keep reading
e.carodiaz's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment