Monday, August 23, 2010

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


IRON, ICE, LOVE DOOMED FROM THE START…..

“MEGHAN CHASE HAS A SECRET DESTINY— ONE SHE COULD NEVER HAVE IMAGINED…

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan’s life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she’s known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she’ll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.”

For this book, the start of it all. I have to say it fell like I already have read it before and that is to long and boring and it doesn’t really tell you much just that “ hey, she is the daughter of a powerful fairy, she is in love with the enemy and she there to save her brother and that everyone want to kill her” I think it need it a more strong heroin or at the very least someone with a powerful mouth that can say what she really think or something.
The plot like I say, It felt like read it before ( I think Lesley Livingston has a very similar plot or it look like it, daughter of the kind in the human world he want her death but it would do anything to have her thrust and the one she love she can be with and all that). For the character go to be honest I love the once she was around, the cat, the prince and her friend ( which I think is in love with her by the way) but I don’t like her she is actually a very sad character, and is very depressing but if you get around that you may actually enjoy some.
I think my favorite part of the book was the end ( no because it finish ) but because when the Iron King let himself know ( and what he want it from her) he is actually the only one that make sense in this book ( which is very much wear ) and it actually was giving her something very cool ( if you take the part that he make her chose her love one or death to them) I kind of like the best only because he was just crazy but no more that other character goes as the villain .
The end was something I wasn’t expecting I guess I thought something different but well it happen. I still think her father ( the one she grow up with) come to appear or something.
I would read the second book mostly because I’m curious to see if she become a stronger character and her and the Ice prince have something I don’t know I think that is going to be the fun part I guess.
The cat I know he is coming back he need to hello he is the fun one in here and very smart at that, and of course Punk as well but maybe in the last book or maybe the next I don’t know and I would only know once I start reading the next one I guess =].
I don’t think this is a most read series! it could get better I just didn’t like the book much and I was trying to finish the book to actually move on to something else, and even though I hate to tell people no to read something ( because I may no like it but some else would fell in love with it) I would not tell you no to read it either because I didn’t like it much doesn’t mean someone else would not love it. Also is well put together book and all I just find it boring and the best part it wasn’t her it was the other around her ( the side character kick ass in this book).

If you think you can come around on this one here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Iron-King-Harlequin-Teen/dp/0373210086/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251066651&sr=8-1

Have fun and keep reading
e.carodiaz’s Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment