Friday, March 25, 2011

What a Dragon should Know by G.A. Aiken



ATTRACTION THAT'S OFF THE SCALE.......


"Only for those I love would I traipse into the merciless Northlands to risk life, limb, and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say, "Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us-the most loved of all dragons?" No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet for them, and because I am so chivalrous, I will brave the worst this land has to offer.
So here I stand, waiting to broker an alliance with the one the Northlanders call The Beast. A being so fearful, the greatest warriors will only whisper its name. Yet I, Gwenvael, will courageously face down this terrifying…woman? It turns out the Beast, a.k.a. Dagmar Reinholdt, is a woman-one with steel-gray eyes and a shocking disregard for my good looks. Beneath her plain robes and prim spectacles lies a sensual creature waiting to be unleashed. Who better than a dragon to thaw out that icy demeanor?
And who better than a beast to finally tame a mighty dragon's heart? "


This is actually my favorite book on the series, I Love it so much......... I can wait to get my hand in the next one.

This book is actually about my favorite character on the series which is fun to actually get to read, Gwenvael is one of those character that no one take seriously because they think he is just a pretty face with little brain, and actually is much more than that, and that is why his female love interest is a great match.
when I read that the author say this was the most difficult but fun book to write I have to agreed, because she has to put a character that would make or main male character look harmless in some way, which she did really good.

This is the most manipulative book I had read I think, is actually fun to see how the both get what they want, by playing with people, and the worst is that is true, information which they get, but no only that is the fact that no one would think they know this because they are not take serious as they should.

making this two character work for each other is what really got to me, plus this book have the birth of Fearghus and Annwyl's twins that I hope we get to read more about it.

there romance like always, but this is a very power book, not the plot, that work is the emotions that the author let you get from this one, and as different from the other book there love is mostly because they like each other he never was arrogant or anything but a lover to her and I think that actually work for this book there is not "I save you so your mine" or " he is a knight and a dragon" this book is all about what they want and why they want each other without anything in between, just pure love and I like it is not something that look as a lie or something that they just want to get over with, is just LOVE <3.>

have fun and keep reading

No comments:

Post a Comment